Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Well guys - I had a really pretty good day today! 'Twas "Go for the Green" day, which was our pre-fundraiser thingie at GCA, and the people who had the best and most green on won a gift certificates. So, our whole family pretty much decked out. :) I wore... well, 'twill take too long to 'splain, but I looked like a leprechaun (which was my intent). There were about 15 or so people who really did a good job, and we all won a pizza party (unexpected!). I was placed 1st, and won a $20 gift certificate. Maria (my sis, if any of you didn't know) won a $15 gift certificate for second place :). So, that was pretty cool. If any of you would like pics of me email me - allen.blackwood@sbcglobal.net - or maybe I'll just put a couple on here.

Also, this past Friday Night, Zachary and I had the oppourtunity to go downtown on the circle with 6 other people from school (and 3 not from GCA) to sing and wittness to people. 'Twas a really good experience, and I'm sure we both (or all, really) had a really good time doing it, altho 'twas Really Cold, and we did not have as much cold-weather wear as we should have. There were some really interested people, and some kinda rude people, but overall, I think 'twas a success. God really blessed it, I believe. The last person that I (and Kristina, a from my class - we went out in pairs) got to witness to was a (I think her name was Michelle and she was college age - prolly early to mid twenties, I thought) who didn't seem interested at first in listening and talking to us, but was willing to do so, if we didn't take too long. We asked her some questions, and found out that she believed that people went to heaven for a little while, and then were reincarnated and came back, and that she believed there was no absolute standard of right and wrong. So, we told her what we believed, wittnessing to her in the process, and then her mom (who she had been with, but when we stopped Michelle, went to get some coffee) said that they needed to go, so we asked her if she'd understood what we had to say, and she said she had, and could see our point-of-view. She seemed genuinely interested, and we gave her a tract and she left. So, if you could just pray for her (and all the others that were talked to that nite), that'd be oisome. :) Well, I think 'tis about time to eat! ttfn!

A. Leon

Song for this post - Irish Dreams II Soundtrack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home